28 May 2009

Unfairness

This week has not been kind on us.

Computer, you have almost beaten me, again, but the kind people at Suntrom snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. It then became defeat from the jaws of victory and finally victory again. Faster, cleaner, smoother computer running again. However, to get to that point meant standing in a queue at the computer shop on Saturday, being computer-less until Tuesday evening, having the computer startup and then crash on Tuesday night, returning the computer to the shop on Wednesday morning and picking it up again on Wednesday night. Laurie from the shop says hi!

Aside from above strain, I've been working extreme hours for my standards. 12 to 13 hour work days are not popular, with me, Deepti or Naina. Those hours have been part work then more at home, which makes them bearable.

But today was not good. When I got home at 8pm, having left 12 hours earlier, Deepti and Naina had already eaten. This I can handle. But my disillusionment with all things free-market and capitalistic and publicly listed reached an all time high when Deepti informed that Naina had gone to bed nearly an hour earlier.

Why I need to get home earlier

No comments: