05 December 2009

Baby facts

So bored one night and unable to sleep I prepared this graph.


Sorry about the fuzzy and small resolution. Red is weight (with y values on the left side) yellow is height (on right y axis) and blue is head circumference (y values on right side). Days is on the x-axis.

I apologise to all the maths geeks (Bob, Andrew, Dan, I tip my hat to you) because I haven't naturalised the scales, especially for weight. When I did, my computer program only could do on base 10 which is instinctively incorrect to my untrained eye.


Anyways, it got me wondering about all previous and going forward things. Like how N always seemed heavy to me, until I picked up a lighter baby. This was despite the nurse telling me N was a "light" baby. I remember struggling to hold N for any long period a year ago when we came to Perth. Likewise now. Except she's about4 kg heavier now. I think the weight is part of the difference, but with N, there is now the squirm factor which makes it much more difficult to hold her for any long periods.

So what does graph above prove? I'm a stats geek. I'm a doting father. N's growing. All good. And she might just one day be a tall girl.

No comments: