04 March 2010

Falling like a house of cards

Naina doesn't get sick that often, for this I am glad. I don't think we'd last long with a sleepless baby. About once a year (so far) she picks up something, which she kindly passes on to me. Deepti has some sort of baby sickness antibodies so she seemingly never falls.

Last year her February flu was in India, involving vomiting and diarrhoea at opportune moments like driving long distances or outside temples. By the time N recovered, I got sick and was ill all through my last work conference in Singapore. Deepti was unaffected.

This year, we had the February flu - off the road. N sneezed a few times, vomited overnight, refused to sleep till panadol time (knocked her out in less than one minute) and generally resisted for all of 24 hours. She was fine. I was sick for four days. Thanks.

Deepti shrugged it off. I'm beginning to think there's something in that.

1 comment:

Pran said...

can't wait to see you all! I still have a spare pixies ticket..x