28 October 2011

Reading

The little guy loves books. A good book can distract him from the worst scenarios of a 15 month old's mind.

On return from India, his eyes almost popped out of his head when he heard me read to Naina. He then cackled and laughed through the whole story of the Hungry Little Caterpillar. Just saying the name "Greg" is enough to distract him from eating, TV, playing, throwing balls, crying and running out the front door. Greg is the leader singer of the Wiggles, he loves to sing Hot Potato Hot Potato. And Greg wears a yellow shirt and black trousers. And Sarva is obsessed with that book.

He's now progressed on to books such as Where The Wild Things Are, Dear Zoo (can say Haathi, Snake and Giraffe and make the sounds for dogs and lions), anything else that's nearby. He's been known to read books on dinosaurs and colours and monkeys and zebras.

Funniest of all, is his demand for books exceeds all other demands, to the extent that if I read "All about my day" twice and put it down to read N a separate book, he will stand over me and hit me with said "all about my day" book. To the extent that I have to stop reading the baby dinosaur story for Naina and return to "All about my day".

Zoe and Beans: the story of binky boo

1 comment:

Pran said...

He is really absorbed in his book- gorgeous!