26 January 2009

India trip approaches

Just one week away now.

Naina's got a new pouch (an ergo, mind you, very stylish, Deepti's able to carry Naina on her back and front and hip). Naina's also got a 10 kg luggage allowance. Phew. Well, actually I am so against heavy luggage it is not funny, but were splitting everything as evenly as possible so fingers crossed no suitcase will weigh more than 15 kg.

I think it's been in our minds since September or even longer so it feels great to be almost there.

Highlights will include:
  • Staying in a hotel and not having to do dishes... thank you Maurya and Star Grand.
  • Seeing my grandmother and introduce Naina to her great grandmother, per-dadi.
  • I'm having a intensive massage treatment for my back neck and hips. It turns out it will cost$30 per massage, but I'm hoping for some relief from work induced stress and aches
  • Some shopping in Ranchi (mental note - jeans, shirts, trousers)
  • South Indian and North Indian feeding frenzy. I think the plan is: South Indian, Veg Nth Indian, South Indian, some Malaysian and Singaporean on the plane and in Singapore and Malaysia and then more South Indian and North Indian. A full trip to the culinary corners of the world.
  • Deepti's family meeting Miss N and Miss N rocking their world. Deepti's family are in for a screaming shock....
  • A side excursion for me when I'm coming back to a conference in Singapore
We're all excited and almost ready to go. We even did a practice pack today. Naina's excited, she even helped in her own way (read, she grabbed whatever we put into her suitcase, pulled it out, started trying to stretch it and then started squealing/screaming). Her voice has unexpectedly gained shrill and strength.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Bon voyage, guys!