21 April 2009

So many changes - the hair

Two months is quite a long time in the life of a 12 month old. The changes in N are so numerous I am not sure where to begin. I think the first thing I noticed is N's new hair.

It is more of a crewcut now, short and sharp.















She's a bit touchy when I run my hands through it, perhaps conscious of the paternalistic habit people have of running their hands through their kids hair. It definitely gives her a rougher edge, a mischevious and curious look, whereas the old look was innocent and soft.















I mean, which baby would you prefer coming knocking on your door at 2am?

The short crewcut look worked well in India; she blended in with the locals (all of whom have the buzz cut in the first year or after the begininning of the third year) and she seemed to coped well with the oncoming heat of an Indian summer (regularly +40 in Patna).

So I guess, despite hair handicapping in Feb, putting her at the back of the pack, she's raced up to the middle and at the rate it's currently growing, she'll have a lead by mid-May.

1 comment:

Bob said...

I like mischievous and curious.