09 July 2008

No sleep

Naina is definitely not a stock standard good sleeper.

She tends to sleep okay during the day, but only up to 45 minutes. Remarkably, the best sleep is after the bath and feed in the morning, where she's even ready to sleep in the cot for nearly an hour.

But after that, we have our struggles. She falls asleep regularly during the day, probably cycling through 6 or 7 times. She wakes, feeds, plays and then falls asleep in her rocker. And then wakes again in 15 to 30 minutes and the cycle repeats. Tonight was a struggle as well, nearly an hour of pacifying in bed, then putting her in the BabyBjorn finally overcame her resistance.

Sometimes it scares me, but I'm usually pacified by Deepti and the fact that Naina is generally a happy baby. It scares me because I'm afraid she's going to become excessively tired and run down.

I've read dozens of articles on sleep, but really the only one that seemed to work for me was this one:

http://moxie.blogs.com/askmoxie/2006/01/qa_11weekold_an.html


No expert, but at least it reassured me that we're not alone.


No comments: