03 August 2008

Toothless smile

Naina spends a few hours each day in the kangaroo pouch. It has to be the best invention since man and marsupial split in the evolutionary tree. Naina loves it so much that we take it with us out and about as well and she giggles crazily, toothlessly when I walk up to her and start laughing at her.

But as per previous entry, we have had no success catching that toothless smile on DVD or picture.

This was the best we got.


I tried everything. Hiding the camera till the last second, photographing her from behind Deepti, even upside down:


This was the usual look I got. (Insert quote from Marvin - here I am, a brain the size of a planet, and all they can do is try to make me laugh. Someone give me a laptop).


Well, I'm proud to say we had success. Sunday's, ritualistically are not Naina's best days. Perhaps we do too much on Sundays, but every Sunday, something goes wonky. Today it was barely feeding. However, she wasn't upset, cranky, tired or anything else we could think of. She even did big number 2's.

But then success!, we got a photo worth shouting about, early evening.

Deepti, Naina and Bobo
(one for the Simpson's fans out there)

1 comment:

Bob said...

Nice pay-off for your patience. Now you know how the nature documentary makers feel.