01 September 2008

Naina, 2, MCHN, Nil....

Breaking news, Naina got weighed today. Over the 12 days since her last weigh in, she's put on nearly 250 g.

I got a little triumphant there. I think having a baby under the microscope is an intensely stressful time, like my parents probably had for me. As some of my previous posts suggested, I do get defensive about her, probably more so than I should. It is hard not to. So many emotions are tied up with her, many things in our life that make us happy and make us sad.

I'm really glad our little Miss N is putting in the occasional big stride in weight terms (wow mixing metaphors or what). She's taking it one day at a time, not looking too far ahead, not getting too far ahead of herself, she can only concentrate on her own game and not others, she'll play the ball, not the man, it's a big ask. Phew, eight metaphors in one paragraph. She's kicking goals now. Nine, nine I tell's ya.

No comments: