09 November 2008

First bath

Naina's a contented baby. That I think is a credit to Deepti. Certainly not my abjectlly (Bob, word check) woeful parenting (still can't put baby to sleep properly, grrr...).

Anyway, whilst in Perth, Naina spent some time in the sun. This is an exceptionally unusual occurrence, being a Melbourne winter baby. She spent the best part of an hour on the sun-bed (I'm sure that's what they're called Bron) without much parental interference, amusement etc required.

Apparently Ricketts have reappeared in Western countries in Nth Europe where Muslim women who wear the hijab and burka aren't getting as much sun as the traditional Muslim countries. I actually think this is probably bollocks created by a right wing columnist in the Herald Sun to promote intolerance and incredulity. But I stand to be corrected. Anyway, if it is true, I reckon Melbourne would be the most likely place for a baby to develop it in Australia.

So Naina likes the sun. This is good. Apart from occasionally coming close to banging head on wood (again, neglectful parent, initials, A.S.), she had a great time.

Still requires training on theory of gravity - but also, check out that morning hair!

Naina also had a bath with me. She found it particularly amusing. We seem to take a lot of photos at bath time and I seem to spend a lot of time trying to play with her hair.

No comments: